Travel Encore Veröffentlicht: 9. Februar 2018
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop marketing materials including portfolios and specification sheets and pricing documents for use in promoting the travel of Georgia O’Keeffe: Visions of Hawaii. Create replicable materials for past and future exhibitions.
- Use best practices to create letters and agreements for exhibition travel.
- Throughout the stages of exhibition development, work with Garden staff, designers, and outside vendors to ensure the ease of future installation, break-down, transport, and multi-city tours.
- Work with Interpretive Specialists and Museum Registrar to obtain multi-venue licensing for all artistic elements including set piece design and content licenses.
- Document exhibition installation and de-installation, including coordinating on-site photography and videography.
- Create installation and de-installation plans, coordinate and correspond with additional venues and liaise regarding all aspects of travel and installation.
- Together with exhibition logistics coordinator and museum registrar, develop condition report books and exhibition installation/maintenance guides for use during traveling exhibition tours.
- With AVP for Exhibitions and Director of Public Engagement and Library Exhibitions Curator, write a strategic business plan for the future of traveling exhibitions at NYBG and set forth policies that help to support future growth of the program.
- With AVP of Exhibitions, research institutions with similar profiles (art and living collections) to determine the capacity to co-develop future exhibitions.
- Graduate of a public humanities M.A. program, preferably with a concentration in exhibition development and technology
- Strong interest working in museums and community outreach with a minimum of 1 year experience
- Knowledge of Auto-Cad, Google Sketch Up, and other design programs
- Demonstrated spatial reasoning and visualization skills
- Demonstrated project management ability
- Must have strong research, communication and writing skills as well as organizational and planning skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license